1) Collapse of 1st-Wave Fascism in Western Europe (with the notable exception of Spain, which remained under Falangist control until 1975.)
2) Rise of Communism in Eastern Europe and Indochina.
3) Establishment of the State of Israel.
4) Creation of the Warsaw Pact, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, and the United Nations.
5) Destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and the beginning of the Nuclear Arms Race.
6) Loss of Japanese control of Imperial holdings; the US captured Okinawa and the Western Pacific, while the Soviets captured Manchuria, Sakhalin, and the Kuril Islands, and Korea was split between the two powers.
7) End of Western colonization throughout Africa and Asia.
8) Splitting of India into the Dominion of India and the Dominion of Pakistan.
- -- Gnostic 22:36, 26 May 2009 (UTC)